Friday, January 2, 2015

Here, now.

So I've ended the year achieving 6 out of 10 of my goals. 
1. I ran a half marathon
2. I sat on a bike for 2hrs
3. I beat my PB on the erg for 30mins
4. I did bikram
5. I did 10 pistol squats on each leg at one go
6. I did more than a 6mins plank

The 4 goals that I didn't manage to achieve were:
7. 10 chin ups
8. Handstand
9. Swimming 250m non-stop
10. Running 10k in 40mins

The chin ups, handstand and the swim were excusable because of the wrist thing I had. But the 10k was just something I chickened out and didn't even try.

6 goals achieved would do for now.
#betterthannothing

--

I'm back in Sydney. Things are moving so quickly i haven't had the chance to even sit down and reflect on my 2014 and jotting goals down for my 2015.

Will be leaving for the mountains (5 hrs from sydney) tomorrow at 530am. Intense training for 10 days. Crazy bike rides. Freezing mornings to hellish afternoons. 3 trainings almost everyday. Sounds pretty wicked, but I'm ready. 

I feel a little empty inside. I miss home. It's a stupid thing to say but I am not going to lie to you, or myself. I do miss home. And its hardly been a week since I'm here. I'm not the adventurous little girl who gets excited to be alone in a foreign country anymore. I feel old, tired, lonely. And stupid.

Stupid feelings will go away soon. 

It better go away soon.

I need to be here. To be fast. To win. 

Meanwhile, have I told you about how I picked up cycling a month ago, bought my very own pedals and shies with cleats along with lights and saddles and a gps? Have I told you that I just learnt how to cleat on my shoes to the bike last week and 2 days ago I cycled up and down one of the most challenging routes in sydney? Have I told you how I hate cycling because it scares the coconuts out of me but I just have to shut up and deal with it like how I hated rowing when I first got into the single sculls cuz I thought I sucked at it? Well yeah. And I heard we're gonna cycle up the highest peak in Australia during the camp. How exciting.

Good luck legs. 

Will be back in 10 days. 
Fitter. Stronger. Faster.
(And with a reflection and a resolution ready by then)
You'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment